Ovarian Cysts Community
Very anxious about ovarian cyst, need advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Hello all! I was in the emergency room three weeks ago with the worst pain imaginable. come to find out, I have a very large ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I was doped up and admitted for 12 hours and the pain stopped so it was assumed that I was fine and the cyst ruptured. I made a follow up with a gyn and he sent me for another ultrasound which I went for today. He wanted to make sure the cyst really was gone. Lo and behold, there it was, loud and proud sitting right there on my ovary. It is clear and just fluid filled thank God. He told me he is going to have to remove it because it could tortion again and send me back to the ER like it did three weeks ago. After reading all these posts here I am understandably freaked out. He mentioned a laproscopy to remove it. What I am wondering is this...will I be able to come home alone and just rest without help? I have no family and I do not have a boyfriend currently so I'm pretty much alone. I really do not want to ask to stay with a friend if I can help it. Is it feasible for me to think I could take a cab home and just crash into my bed for a few days till I feel better. I could buy food I need and get medicines prior to it so nothing really needed to be done. Is it realistic for me to think that I could make a cab ride alone and be alone for a few days till I feel better? I am only having the cyst removed, nothing else. Advice?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
It is unrealistic to expect that you will be able to manage all alone after surgery. Either you can stay an extra day or two at the hospital or have a nurse come in for one or two days till you are sure that you are strong enough to manage on your own. Your Doctor will be the best person to guide you after assessing how you cope up with the surgery.
Hope this helps.