Ovarian Cysts Community
WORRIED...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

WORRIED...

I am 38 years old. Two weeks ago I began having pelvic, back, and leg pain. Went to primary, pap smear and pelvic negative. Blood draw showed low thyroid and iron. Went to obgyn, two ultrasounds indicated 2 complex cysts on right ovary. measurement 10 cm (both together). CA 125 elevated at 111 ( menustrating during test) No free fluid noted. I am scheduled to see gyno oncologist Monday at 9 am. My mother had endometriosis and a large benign  tumor at age 44, with complete hysterectomy. In retrospect for a good while, I have not felt well. I get b12 injections once a month and have for over 2 years. My energy level decreased, appetite ok, constipation and pressure in pelvic area.  I HAVE RESEARCHED UNTIL THE EARLY MORNING HOURS FOR DAYS. I have such a fear of ovarian cancer that the anxiety has taken over. I have two children, ages 8 and 13. The physical pain along with anxiety is so overwhelming. PLEASE anyone reply with experiences, medical advice etc... would be much appreciated.
HI,
Pain, complex cysts in the ovaries and elevated CA 125 levels are features of endometriosis as well as ovarian cancer. Also with family history of endometriosis, this can be a possibility and it need not be cancer. Hence take it easy and keep your fingers crossed until you see the gyno-oncologist. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank