Ovarian Cysts Community
What causes the ovary to be so painful all the time?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Why is my ovary on my right side to be so painful all the time?  It is hurting all day and all night and it even hurts when I menstruate.  I need to know what to do.
You need to go to the gyno and have a ultrasound. It could be that u have a cyst on your ovary, you say the pain is always there?? Then if it is u might want to talk to the doctor about endometriosis. I am always in pain on my right. I know i have cysts, but since the pain is always there my gyno thinks it might be endometriosis. Both can be treated with birth control, however if it is a cyst it depends on what kind it is. Call your doctor and get a appointment asap. If you get a fever or the pain is so bad that u can hardly walk, then go to the ER because it could be something else.
Absolutely. You need to see your Dr... Then, go from there..
I agree with babyblue; cysts can be very painful if they twist. See your doctor. Good luck!
Yep,

I had exactly what you're talking about.. pain all the time in my left ovary and turned out I had an endometrioma (blood filled cyst related to endometriosis) plus endometriosis attached to many organs in there so go get it checked as your body is telling you something is wrong.

All the best.
Avatar n tn
i just recently had an cyst on my right ovary that was very painfull it went away on its own by busting. very painfull i am still nauseaded from this it just busted this past monday is nausea normal?
This sounds very like an overian cyst on your left side. Unfortunately there is little you can do to get rid of them until they burst and come away with your period. A good pain killer to take is tramadol to ease pain but they can be drowzy so drive etc. Get an ultrasound to check anyway and demand it asap because you can't live with the pain. If it is constant it may be Endrametriousis which is a lot more serious and can affect fertillity. Endrametriousis is lots of little cysts that cause a lining below your overies and can be very painful, which you will need surgery to remove. get checked out soon as possible. wish you best of luck xxx