Ovarian Cysts Community
What could it be ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

What could it be ?

Hi there,

I am a bit worried and confused. A few months back I believe I had a cyst that ruptured. ( pain, bleeding, infection.) My Gyno did not diagnose it, she only said I had an infection and gave me gel. After a few weeks it seemed to go away, but I went for an ultrasound to make sure. Ultrasound was clear, but 5 weeks later I ended up getting a pelvic CT for digestive issues, and they just called and said I had a 5 cm mass on my uterus.

I don't understand how 5 weeks ago there is nothing, and so quickly this has appeared. I have a doc appointment next week, but does anyone have a clue what this could be, or have experienced something similair ?

I appreciate your help.....
Did they do an ultrasound on you the first time?  If they didn't and you just thought that you had a cyst and it ruptured, maybe you were right, but had more than one cyst.  It is possible that one of them ruptured and did in fact give you that infection the doctor was talking about.  Now you have this 5 cm mass to deal with, I'm sorry.  Schedule an appointment with your doctor so that they can do an ultrasound to see exactly where the cyst is and what kind it is.  It's probably nothing to worry about since most cysts aren't, but you still need to know all the details so that you and your doctor can decide on what the best thing to do is.  Maybe he'll try putting you on birth control.  Are your periods regular?  Any chance you might have PCOS?  Do you have any of the symptoms (weight gain, excessive hair growth, etc)? Make sure you ask your doctor lots of questions.  Good luck.
Yes, I had the ultrasound and the tech said it looked like I had a cyst that had ruptured because she saw some fluid. They never saw the 5cm mass, and thats whats so strange. Now 5 weeks later it shows up on the scan. Im hoping its just a cyst.... None of the PCOS symptoms you mentioned ! I called a new gyno because my other one wouldnt even return my calls to dicuss it.My Gastro is the one that found this. I have an appt next week, and on the phone they mentioned BC pills. The whole thing is very strange though.

I really appreciate your reply :)
Let us know how it turns out.  Cysts can be tricky and cause symptoms that make us think something else is wrong.  Try not to worry too much.