Aa
A
A
Close
What does it feel like to have a cyst rupture?
I am wondering how bad it would be if a cyst ruptured?  I thought it was just a lot of pain, but what I read online indicates I should go to the ER because there could be blood leaking.  I know that there is only fluid in there because I had one drained in Dec., these are all functional cysts.  Since we're doing the wait and watch approach now instead of surgery, I think my biggest fear is that they might burst.  

As it is now, during ovulation, I have to take vicodin for a day or two because the "growth" of the cyst hurts so bad.  Other days before and after the peak pain I can take Advil.  How much worse is the pain?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
When my first one ruptured I thought it was appendics that is how bad it hurt. I did go to the ER because I did not know what it was. It was a ruptured cyst & I was running a bit of a temperature at the time. I was doubled over before going to the ER.

Now I know what the pain is & I get cysts everytime I ovulate, so I lay on the couch and take plenty of advil and try not to move.stay in a fetal position.....Sometimes it feels like when I walk when it is happening something has dropped below if you know what I mean. It is painful...and has me doubled over until it passes..
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank