Ovarian Cysts Community
What does it feel like to have a cyst rupture?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I am wondering how bad it would be if a cyst ruptured?  I thought it was just a lot of pain, but what I read online indicates I should go to the ER because there could be blood leaking.  I know that there is only fluid in there because I had one drained in Dec., these are all functional cysts.  Since we're doing the wait and watch approach now instead of surgery, I think my biggest fear is that they might burst.  

As it is now, during ovulation, I have to take vicodin for a day or two because the "growth" of the cyst hurts so bad.  Other days before and after the peak pain I can take Advil.  How much worse is the pain?
When my first one ruptured I thought it was appendics that is how bad it hurt. I did go to the ER because I did not know what it was. It was a ruptured cyst & I was running a bit of a temperature at the time. I was doubled over before going to the ER.

Now I know what the pain is & I get cysts everytime I ovulate, so I lay on the couch and take plenty of advil and try not to move.stay in a fetal position.....Sometimes it feels like when I walk when it is happening something has dropped below if you know what I mean. It is painful...and has me doubled over until it passes..