Ovarian Cysts Community
What does it mean if an OB-GYN Sonologist gives you Sassone Score of 6?...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What does it mean if an OB-GYN Sonologist gives you Sassone Score of 6?

I'm 26 years old, was never pregnant, nor have a child. 3 days ago I felt pain in my lower abdomen and I was diagnosed with a hemorrhagicum cyst in my left ovary. After 2 days, I went for another TransV ultrasound and now my ovary measures 5.9 x 5.4 x 4.8 cm from its previous measure of 4.9 x 4.1 x 4.3 cm, and my cyst is now measuring 5 cm.

There is pain but it only feels like a cramp in my left side of my abdomen.

Here's are some highlights of the findings:
Within the left ovary is a multiloculated cystic structure that measures 4.9 x 4.7 x 4.1 cm, surrounded by normal ovarian tissue. Some locules are anechoic, while one locule has lace-like internal echoes. The septum is thin, the capsule is thin, and smooth. It is surrounded by minimal free fluid.

CUL-DE-SAC is smooth with minimal free fluid.

Impression:
Normal sized anteverted uterus.
Intact endometrium.
Normal right ovary.
Consider ovarian new growth, left with Sassone Score of 6 with probable leakage.

I'm concerned because the previous diagnosis says it's a unilocular cyst and after two days it became multiloculated. Is it multiplying? Is it malignant?

My doctor was unavailable after the sonography so I have to wait for tomorrow for her to read the findings. I would like to know what questions to ask her. She's an OB-GYN.

Please shed some light on this. Thanks in advance.