Ovarian Cysts Community
What does this mean??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What does this mean??

I posted something yesterday, but I had a separate question. I requested the results of my pelvic ultrasound from my doctor and I am a bit confused.

How do you all figure out how big your cyst is?

Can anyone help me figure what this means? I have an appointment with a gyn on April 8th (i got it moved up), but my curiosity is killing me, along with the constent reminder of the pain in my left ovary.

The results don't give a measurement - it says the following:

Measurements:
Uterus: 7.5 x 3.0 x 4.1cm
Endometrium: 4.5mm
Right Ovary: 2.0 x 1.3 x 1.7cm
Left Ovary: 3.7 x 4.0 x 3.0 cm

There is a complex cystic structure in the left ovary. this has some mural nodularity and may have dirty shadowing. This is most likely a dermoid cyst. No other evidence of adnexal mass.

Impression:
Probable dermoid cyst on the left.

If the difference in my ovaries is the dermoid cyst well then it isn't that big. But if it isn't that big how in the world is it causing so much pain. I have sharp pains in my left ovary and sometimes my right and I also horrid back pain once a day. It also kills to have sex. I am so confused. It is a little hard to not think about it when I have jabbing pains reminding about it all the time!

Any advice or support would be great! Thank you all so much :)