Ovarian Cysts Community
What happens after surgery
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What happens after surgery

I recently (Jan 30th) had a "Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy" done on me that took not only the cyst (which was the size of a baby melon), but also my ovary and fallopian tube. I just started my period today and I am a little curious as what happens.Meaning, will the pain be so intense that I will be in tears? Is the ovary I do have going to be doing a lot of work?? How long do periods usual last with only one ovary? I'm new at this and I'm a little nervous.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I did not really notice a change in my cycles with one ovary vs two. They got a little closer together I guess, but they had been doing that gradually for the past 10 yrs anyway, so that wasn't really that different.  I think my PMS may be a little worse now with 1 ov, but hard to say for sure if it isn't just stress or whatnot.  It shouldn't cause huge changes...your 1 ovary does a good job compensating for the missing one.
Blank
4912025_tn?1360939805
Yes, your cycle should stay the same as before beacuse your remaining ovary will 'pick up the slack' and compensate for your removed ovary. The first few periods after a lap can sometimes be a bit heavier than usual . Also, you may get some mid cycle pain when you ovulate for your next few cycles if your gyn had a look inside your remaining ovary during the op. Hope this helps. Best wishes for your recovery
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank