Ovarian Cysts Community
What is an anterior fibroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

What is an anterior fibroid

I just received my results of a ultrasound that stated I have a anterior fibroid measuring 1.9 cm in diameter and that my left ovary measured 4.4 x 3.1 x2.8 cm with a follicle measuring 2.3 x 2.2 x 2.0cm with small amounts of free fluid in the left ovary.  Is this serious.
Your profile doesn't say how old you are but fibroids are very common in women in their 30's and beyond and are generally left alone unless you are bleeding too heavily.  I'm not sure if the follicle refers to a cyst or not.  It sounds like you may be getting cysts and that one might have burst.  What prodded you to get the ultrasound?  Are you in pain?
Hi there....
Follicular cysts are normal, we all have them during childbearing years. It is the follicle that when fertilized becomes a baby eventually. An anterior fibroid  is a fibroid in the anterior portion of the uterus. It just dennotes location of the fibroid.
Hope this helps...
Laney