What is an avascular mural nodule?
Hello, I had a pevlic & trans-vag ultrasound in late September and the technician picked up that I have a 4cm avascular mural nodule on my left ovary. I also have an ovarian cyst on my left, and a small follicule on my right ovary. Trace amount of free fluid was noted in my left adexna. I also have a retroverted uterus and the endometrial lining measured 7 mm.

What does this mean? And what would be the logical next steps to take?

I am BRCA1+ and I am planning to have a bilateral salingo oophorectomy as soon as I can get a surgical date. Would having this nodule increase my chances of having ovarian cancer? I am 37 and have PCOS. I have recently come of the BCP (in Aug) and I'm wondering if this may have contributed to my new problem. In my last scan in March, there were no cysts or nodules seen. Any help would be most appreciated!
Sorry but I'm not sure what a mural nodule is.  The BCP does supress ovulation which helps to keep cysts at bay and going off them could result in the formation of cysts.  Good luck with your surgery and hope all goes well.