Ovarian Cysts Community
What is loculation??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

What is loculation??

I had a hysterectomy in 2007 but kept my ovaries. In January of this year I started experiencing severe burning pain under my left breast and have had all kinds of tests, with no conclusions. About a month ago I started having sharp pains in my left abdomen and began having symptoms of menopause - night sweats, nausea, weight gain in my mid-section, terrible mood swings, ect. I also have had severe discomfort when trying to go to the bathroom. I feel constipated, but have not had a formed BM for the last 3 weeks - I know TMI - Sorry!!! I had my hormone levels checked and was sent for a pelvic ultrasound. The results are:

The right ovary could not be visualized possibly due to overlying bowel. The left ovary measures 5.0x4.8x4.4 cm and contains a septated hypoechoic cystic structure with through-transmission measuring overall 3.8x3.5x3.7 cm and containing multiple septations with apparent loculation of the septations anteriorly. This could represent a hemorrhagic cyst.

My Dr. is going to remove the left ovary next week and look for the right one. My question is, what does loculation mean? Is it possible that my bathroom troubles are caused from my ovary being tangled up? I feel like everything in my insides are all mixed up and am hoping that after the ovary is gone I will feel better. Am I just getting my hopes up??

Thanks for any insite.