What kind of foods help heal after surgery?
I got laparoscopy surgery for mild Endometriosis about 7 weeks ago. I am still at home recovering, I feel a lot of stretching and sometimes pain around the incision area, especially in the morning when I wake up until afternoon. How can I speed up the healing process for my muscles? What kind of foods aid in healing and building of the area after surgery? I am taking Women's once a day vitamins and doing acupuncture. I would appreciate all your responses, I figure it's better to ask someone who has gone through the experience.
The only type of food that I would suggest you stay away from is heavy foods and real high fat foods.  These can slow down your bowels and cause some constipation.  Other than that, you are just going to have to let your body heal on its own.  I know it can be frustrating, but it takes awhile for the inside of your body to heal.  Be patient with yourself.  
thanks for the advice. i appreciate it. you are right, it is frustrating, my stitches hurt in the morning and i lay down up until mid-day so that i don't have to take painkillers. in the afternoon pain is getting  better so i guess healing is taking place, slowly but surely. I just wish there was a miracle pill or something lol....
lots of vitamin c! i was taking 4000mg a day (recomended by naturopath)  it helps with internal healing and skin.
he also recomended castor oil on the incisions helps with teh healing as well.
thanks. how long did it take you for the area around the incisions to be pain free?