What to do?
I have had pain in my left side for three years and the doctors finally did a CT scan and found a 4cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary. I am 22 years old and every time I have sex with my bf the cyst(I was told) leaks and causes pain when I urinate and have a bowel movement and the pain lasts for days? I don't know what to do. What is the cyst leaking and why does it hurt when I pee and poop? I dont have a UTI or nothing like that and I dont have digestive problems so this pain is being caused by the cyst.  
The most common cysts are fluid filled. When cysts break down or rupture, the fluid escapes and must be reabsorbed by the body. This process is painful, I guess because the body reacts to the fluid like it doesn't belong there. The cyst is probably placing some pressure on the urinary tract and bowels. All these parts are very close together and it does not take much to cause discomfort to other body parts when a cyst develops and presses against something.
so what should I do, just try not to do anything that causes the cyst to rupture, like have sex?