When would periods get regular after Laparoscopic surgery?
Hello, I had Laparoscopic surgery on the twenty third of last month ( September ) and I had a removal of a hemoraghhing cyst on my left ovary. I'm fine now, and I went back to the doctor last week and he said that everything is fine and that everything looks good and normal. However, I did see on the paper that I was discharged with at the hospital, that it would take a month or two for my periods to become regular again. I wanted to know how often I would get them during those two months or so, and I wanted to know what idea of a cycle I would have. As before I found out about the cyst on my left ovary, I had very irregular periods, so I have no idea what my cycle would go back to. Does anyone have any useful information on this? If so, please reply because I would really appreciate it. I'm eighteen years old, and I'm on the period now. I just want to know what kind of things to expect after this surgery. Especially with my periods.
Nobody knows. Irregular periods means just that. It is going to be unpredictable for those 2 months or so. You may want to always keep tampons or whatever else you use stored in your purse until you see a regular pattern. Hopefully you will get regular cycles after all this. Perhaps the cyst that was removed was the culprit behind the irregular periods you were having before surgery.