Your Experiences with Ovarian Cysts?
Hi, so I have polycystic ovaries
I think Ive had them for about 6 years now but chose to neglect its signs and symptoms (heavy & prolonged bleeding, no periods for months) because I didnt really know anything about it (I was 12) until about two years ago.
Ive had ultrasounds, been on pills and metformin, had D&C.
So, just this january, my ultrasound results turned normal (NO cysts on both ovaries), but I haven't had my period from January up til now. I think its because I gained around 4 pounds this December, but I've lost it now and am trying to lose more since my OB says it will help greatly.
I havent visited her (the OB) since the normal results were out too coz of my packed sched. and because I'm hoping that my period will just turn normal again after losing some weight, but it hasn't.

So, to those who have had Polycystic Ovaries, what were your experiences and  what did you do to get rid, or alleviate it's signs?
HI,
Weight loss is a big help in women with PCOS. The fat or adipose tissue is the site that causes hormones to go hay wire. Hence a healthy diet and regular exercise and lifestyle modification will help.
Take care and good luck.