Ovarian Cysts Community
bilateral cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

bilateral cysts

I am going to a new gyn soon and wanted some help to make sure they are on the right track.
On sep 27, i started having extreme lower left abdominal pain and shoulder pain. Went to walk in clinic, and they were great. Ran all kinds of labs and sent me for ultrasound.
The ultrasound said complex cyst 2.2 cm with additional hemorrahagic follicle 5 mm on the left ovary and simple 1.5 cm cyst on right ovary with no endo.

Back in 2008, i had an endometrioma attach to my c section scar, which had to be removed with open abdominal surgery, because it was too solid to remove by laproscopy (started as a lap and wouldnt work) but the dr said then that i had no endo anywhere else.

Is it normal to have bilateral cysts with one ovary having both a complex and a bleeding cyst?

I am in pain, headaches, nausea and missed my period this month. Pregnancy test was neg.

Thanks for your help.
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
Because of previous history of endometriosis, the possibility of endometriotic cyst of the ovary should be ruled out. Many times they manifest as complex or haemorrhagic cysts. CA125 levels can give guidance. Consult a gynaecologist for an evaluation.
Hope this helps.