Ovarian Cysts Community
bilateral ovarian cysts again ughh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

bilateral ovarian cysts again ughh

really I am just hoping to find some people with similar experiences to mine. Since I had my 6 year old son I have had 8 cysts. 2 have ruptured, 3 have dissolved, 2 are current, and 1 has caused me surgery twice (turning out not to be a cyst at all but a borderline ovarian tumor presenting as an ovarian cyst). The first time they just left it alone saying it was simple and to small to do any damage. Then two months later they drained i8t because it had grown to 7 cm turning out to be larger once they finally got in there. So then it was borderline when the results on the fluid came back. I had my second son 11 months ago. Since he was 3 months old I have had 2 ruptures and am now struggling with simple bilateral ovarian cysts. My CA 125 is normal but I know this test is not relevant at all as I am not menopausal because I am almost 28. Also it was normal when I had the tumor. So currently I am dealing with my cysts since december. Right before christmas they found a small 3 cm cyst on my left ovary. I went My name is Ashley. I am studying to become an ultrasound tech... At least that's what I think right now. I do workout every day to keep in shape and to stay healthy. I love country music.  for a scan this month and they found it to no longer be a functional cyst and to have a mean little friend on my right ovary. I am a hair stylist and a nail gal so for me this awful and do to scar tissue from surgery and leaking cysts also from scar tissue (leaking cyst is when fluid comes out from little rips in the cyst but not big enough to fully rupture causing pain and new formation of scar tissue in the ovary) I am on medication one kind for the pain when I ovulate and another for when I have my period to help me cope with the pain. I hate the state of mind one of the medications leaves me in but it is necessary for me work and function for my children. I have tried birth control and it does not work i still form cysts. I am so discouraged. I do not want to have my ovaries removed because we hope to have another child a few years from now. Also I am so young that the hormone replacement therapy i would need after that would be devastating to my body after so long. So if anybody has any advice or words of encouragement I would much appreciate them. Thank you so much for taking time to read my story.