Ovarian Cysts Community
burning pain in left ovary
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

burning pain in left ovary

A couple of months ago I had what I thought was a muscle pull in my upper left thigh.  Then my left pubic bone started hurting off and on.  Now my left ovary began to hurt off and on but since yesterday it is a constant burning pain, so bad that I am nauseated.  I hope to see my doctor on Monday but I still have to get through tomorrow.  I am afraid it might be cancer?  Are these symptoms usually just a cyst and aren't most of them benign?  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It does sound like you have a cyst.  Try not to worry...they are almost always benign.  Both benign and malignant cysts can cause similar symptoms.  But, usually ovarian cancer grows large before it is found.  You find more symptoms like frequent urination, pressure, pain and fullness.  The burning pain sounds more like a rupture.  You should be sure to get a transvaginal ultrasound to check your ovaries and determine if you have a cyst.  I hope you feel better soon!

Shelly
Blank
What I thought was an ovarian cyst turns out to be a fibroid, which surprised me because I had uterine artery embolization a couple of years ago due to  heavy bleeding from fibroids.  I thought the fibroid was to have disappeared but am told it is 7 cm large.  The doctor is recommending a vaginal hysterectomy.  Not sure what I should do...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...