burning pain in left ovary
A couple of months ago I had what I thought was a muscle pull in my upper left thigh.  Then my left pubic bone started hurting off and on.  Now my left ovary began to hurt off and on but since yesterday it is a constant burning pain, so bad that I am nauseated.  I hope to see my doctor on Monday but I still have to get through tomorrow.  I am afraid it might be cancer?  Are these symptoms usually just a cyst and aren't most of them benign?  
It does sound like you have a cyst.  Try not to worry...they are almost always benign.  Both benign and malignant cysts can cause similar symptoms.  But, usually ovarian cancer grows large before it is found.  You find more symptoms like frequent urination, pressure, pain and fullness.  The burning pain sounds more like a rupture.  You should be sure to get a transvaginal ultrasound to check your ovaries and determine if you have a cyst.  I hope you feel better soon!

Shelly
What I thought was an ovarian cyst turns out to be a fibroid, which surprised me because I had uterine artery embolization a couple of years ago due to  heavy bleeding from fibroids.  I thought the fibroid was to have disappeared but am told it is 7 cm large.  The doctor is recommending a vaginal hysterectomy.  Not sure what I should do...