Ovarian Cysts Community
chest /rib pain after cyst removed from ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

After being rushed into hospital in October 2012 with tummy pain i ended up having dermoid cyst removed from my right ovary and since a week after the operation i have suffered with pain in my ribs and chest. They cut me in 5 places and one of the cuts is really big which was where they took the cyst out of. The pain i have now is under my ribs and in my chest, after 4 or 5 days of litterally lying still in hosopital the oain went, but i am now back at work and trying to get my life back together after such a traumatic experience. The doctors dont know what is causing the pain and the gynocology dept say they have done all they can and my GP knows nothing... i have had chest xrays and scans and everything they can think of. An ultar sound scan did show fluid around the ovar and it seems to come and go?? I am only 26 and my whole life has turned upside down and i cannot walk anywherre due to pain in my chest and pain when i breath. The doctors are now referring me to the chest dept because they dont know what else to suggest. I have been on Co-Codamol and even tramadol and this is all adding to me feeling very low and depressed, some days i just cry and cry because i cannot see an end to this nightmare and know one seems to be able to help me. Please, if anyone has been through the same - please please share your story X