Ovarian Cysts Community
clomid cyst and getting pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

clomid cyst and getting pregnant

hi everyon e as i type this im in tears i had a m/c in the end on june and have been ttc .,y dr had seen the cyst when i was pregnant and said it was nothing he was concerned about. a few months after the m/c  i was given clomid to ttc well when i went in for that visit im not sure if the cyst had grown which i dought because then hewould of said it.. anyways i have been on clomid for 2 cycles and this cycle when i went in it had grown he said like a peach or ball (i stopped listening for a moment ).he said he wanted to have it removed and my reply was so can i still try to get pregnant this month he laughed and said yes finish taking the clomid and we will see and monitor you . my question is if he wants me to have surgery why would it be ok to finish the clomid and get pregnant? and do cyst stop growing if they dont get the fsh from the meds and can they eventually shrink just alittle while pregnant? please help i really dont want surgery if its not totally necessary
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Small functional cysts are common during the reproductive years of a woman and they are usually asymptomatic. However when they grow bigger in size > 5cm, they require treatment. Stopping clomid can help in regression of the cysts. However if they remain persistent then removal may be necessary. Aspiration of the cyst is another option which you may discuss with your Doctor.
Hope this helps.