complex cyst
Does anyone know the chances of complex cyst (about 2.3 cm) with thin septations being malignant?

Worried....

Thank you
Hi I am pretty new here myself but I have been told that generally 99% of cysts are benign. With the chances of a complex one having a chance of being malignant up to 15% but it has a lot to do with age. Generally the women that are post menopausal have the higher chance then pre-menopausal. I am 35 and am dealing with a complex cyst myself. They seem to be very common. I am worried too. This forum is great though. Lots of nice people on here. Anyway, Best of luck to you.
Thank you very much for your answer! Mine said that it's most likely complex follicular which is confusing since all the reading that I have done said that follicular ones are simple. Mine said fluid with thin septations - 2.3 cm. What about yours?
Hi, I don't actually know with mine just that it was deemed complex. Mine is 4.1x4.0 cm almost perfectly round. Dr did not give reason why...I was actually surprised when he said complex because when I got us done it looked like a perfect round black egg on the screen- which generally inicates simple cyst. It sounds like yours may be like a couple of them merged together or something with the septations. I was told by a Dr (not same one I went to before- the new one I'm going to go to) that even complex cysts can be functional (dissolve on their own in a few menstral cycles). I am going again for 2nd us in a couple days and then to different dr if it is still there. I think it is because it feels like something is on that side- doesn't hurt though. I don't think you have to worry too much about yours being malignant. Those kind are very rarely malignant. It is still scary though playing the waiting game. I am terrified I am going to have to get an operation to have mine removed if hasn't gotten any smaller cause I never had any operation in my life...
I got my complex cyst measuring 15.6 cms removed from the left ovary last friday. Laparotomy was done to prevent spilling and recurrence. I had taken certain blood tests including CA-125 to rule out cancer.  Ovarian cancer is very rare and is highly treatable. Don't worry, anyway .A distant relative of mine aged 80 is just out of treatment!
Talk to your doc and get all your concerns addressed.