Ovarian Cysts Community
confused!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

confused!

I am 42 yrs old and have always regular menstrual cycles. I had been having pains on my left ovary so I was sent in for a Pelvic Ultrasound, Transvaginal and I am totally confused with the results. they are as follows:
Findings: The uterus measures 9.1 x 5.8 x 4.6 cm and is homogeneous. The endometrial complex measures 9mm.
the right ovary measures 2.9 x 2.5 x 1.6 cm. The left ovary is not visualized. A nobathian cyst is visualized in the cervix. No free fluid is seen within the cul-de-sac.
Wheres my left ovary? I've had hot flashes since I was 30 yrs.old does this have anything to do with it?
thank you
Evie S.
When I went for my first ultasound they could not see my right ovary due to me being filled with gas! They could not see it at all. When they sent me for the ultrasound it was there complete with a complex cyst.
They had trouble seeing my right ovary too.  I told the tech it was there so she kept looking.  It took her like 30 minutes to find it.  Not abnormal.