Ovarian Cysts Community
constipation and bloating
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

constipation and bloating

I was diagnosed with a 16 x 13 cm cyst on my right ovary. I had a dr. appt 3 days ago and she did a pelvic exam. since then, I am bloated and constipated. before the exam I had not been constipated at all (even with a history of constipation) while I've had this cyst. as for the bloating, the same thing happend last time I had an exam.
I'm just wondering if that's normal, or is it a sign of something bad.
I am 41, premenopausal, with very regular periods. this is my first cyst. I am very heatlthy and active. except for the bloating and recent constipation I feel great. I just wanted to see if anyone out there has some sort of idea of what may be going on.
during my exam, the dr. said she did not find any free floating fluid in my abdomen, and that the cyst felt liking it was not sticking (not sure what that meant....but she said it was a good thing). I did a CA-125 , and will do a CT scan on the 20th, and will get both results on the 23rd. She has scheduled a laparotomy for the 27th.
I am just wondering what type of cysts get this big, and what is the likelihood that it is something serious.
I would appreciate any input.
Thanks,
Wendy