Ovarian Cysts Community
cyst recurring?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

cyst recurring?

Hi everyone, I posted on here a while back as I had a dermoid cyst on my right ovary, which had twisted round and cut off the blood supply to my ovary, meaning they had to remove the cyst and ovary via laparotomy.  This was back in January 2009.

Recently, as in the last month, I've been getting bouts of abdo pain with nausea, one time it woke me in the night.  I went to see my GP last week and he immediately referred me for an ultrasound scan, which I'm having done on the 8th October.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, how likely is this to be another cyst?  My gynaecologist told me after my op that my remaining ovary looked totally normal, so would a cyst grow that fast?  The bouts of pain I'm getting are nowhere near as bad or prolonged as when I had the ovarian torsion, but still very sharp and acute.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Unfortunately if you are prone to getting cysts they can easily grow on a remaining ovary.  There are a number of women here who have had this happen.  So sorry you are going through this again.
I am currently experiencing the same problem. One year ago, I experienced severe lower abdominal pain, went to the ER and found out that I had a cyst on my right ovary. After that I made an appointment with my OBGYN and confirmed the diagnosis. At that point in time, my doctor wasnt sure what its growth pattern was. The next month, I had an additional ultrasound to check the size of growth. The demoid cyst increased in size, and surgery was scheduled for the following month. After surgery, the doctor said everything went fine and there was no cyst on the left. Life went back to normal, I experience normal cycles until April. It was then that I had begun to experience irregularities. In August, I noticed that I had been carrying some additional weight in my abdomen area, but didnt think anything of it. After that the symptoms picked up; dull to sharp pains in the lower left abdomen and back, nausea, unintentional weight loss, and thats when the wheels began to turn again. I have a scheduled appointment with OBGYN on October 8th. I am 26, and we have been trying to conceive since before we knew anything about the first cyst, and now it seems as if were racing against time. I know how youre feeling. It is a very trying and difficult time, and though you dont want to worry, there that little nagging thing in your head that keeps you worrying. You are not alone and we will get through this together!
in may of this year i had servere pain, went to er and found a large cyst on right ovary. we removed it the following week, out patient. 12 weeks later, i was back at gyn knowing it had return. nevertheless, it was back. doc put me on meds and today was my 6wk short gyn and ultrasound. i had been having pains on left side. and sure enough i now have folicals on right ovary (cyst went down) but have a diff kind of cyst on left ovary. i am so tired of the pain, not being able to exercise, and worry... i have a son, 2and a half years old and hes great... but dont know if children are in my future. i am 25 years old and confused. already have an iuc in but doc has now put me on low birthcontrol to stop the ovualating and see how that does. return in 6 wks for a repeat of what we did today. would love to hear of similar outcomes. hang in there ladies. i understand the feelings...