cysts after menopause
during a ct scan for kidney stones the doctors discovered 2 cysts on my right ovary,  I have been told by my dr. that i am postmenapausal.  I had a hysterectomy 15 yrs ago to remove my uterus and 2 yrs ago to remove my left ovary.  The Dr. did a ultrasound and said the cysts are 4cm & 3.5cm.  I thought that women don't get cysts after menopause, am i wrong?  Should I be worried?
   Think I may have replied on the other forum, but glad you came over to the cyst forum. No, you don't need to be worried. You might ask your Dr. for a TVUS (transvaginal Ultrasound) or is that what you had?

I, too , am postmenopausal and had  a cyst last year. They do take it a little more seriously in us older gals, but it was still benign , as are 95% of them.. They were just going to monitor mine, but I wasn't keen on having that over my head for a few months, so my Dr. agreed to remove the ovary and tube .. But watching and waiting is pretty standard, even though that 4cm is pretty close to the 5cm when they are more apt to remove them.  When do you see your Dr. again? Let us know how things go for you,but try not to worry. A lot of postmenopausal women get cysts..

Take care
I can understand how frightened you must feel, but please be assured that the majority of these cysts are benign.  I just had a laparoscopy to remove a 6cm cyst along with both ovaries and fallopian tubes and I am also postmenopausal.  My doctor suggested the wait and watch thing but after a month showed no significant change, he decided to remove it.  You didn't mention what your doctor intended as far as treatment.  I agree with Sandy....if he wants to remove it, I would do it!  I was very frightened in the beginning too, but I am feeling so much better now.  Please let us know how you are doing!  We've all been in your situation and we're here to help!