dermoid cysts - worried.
okay , so when i was 13 years old , i was rushed into hospital because i thought i had appensitus but i didnt it was a cyst. so i kept on going back and forth to hospital for ultrasounds. 6 years later they find an dermoid cyst , which i think is behind my right ovary , its 4cm by 2cm atm , but i get pain ALL THE TIME. ive been told i have to have surgery ,im really scared because this will be my first operation. i also might lose an ovary , also i heard if its been left that long it could turn into cancer? can anyone give me any advice?
I don't know any specifics about dermoid cysts and if they can turn to cancer or not.  But, if you are in pain, then they should remove it....and if you lose an ovary, the other one will kick in and take over.  There are many women that concieve with only one ovary.

The surgery is very doable and the recovery also, doable.

Good luck.