Aa
A
A
Close
dermoid tumor and ttc, with also no period in 5 months
i was wondering if anyone knew how long it would be to start trying to get pregnant after having a dermoid tumor removed?my doc said it was 2 inches and hopefully if all goes well he will not have to take my ovary but may have to if it is too hard to get out.  I went off the pill in march 2009 and havent had a normal period yet except for one that was chemically induced by progesterone( after the ten day progestrone challenge). my docter says that i have secondary amnoreia which happens sometimes after going off the pill. But, could I maybe not be ovulating because of the dermoid? I am hoping that after the surgery and having another month for my hormones to get back on track that I will start ovulating on my own again, fingers crossed! But, otherwise my doc said he would start me on clomid. I am 27 years old and really thought that I would have no fertility problems and would just go off the pill and get pregnant. But, now I am realizing that will not be the case for me. But, if all goes well, how long would i have to wait to even start trying after surgery and for everything to be healed?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
483733 tn?1326802046
I really think you should wait 3 months and have this verified by your doctor.  It took a few months for my periods to get normal after my surgery plus you want to be well healed.  Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank