dermoid tumor and ttc, with also no period in 5 months
i was wondering if anyone knew how long it would be to start trying to get pregnant after having a dermoid tumor removed?my doc said it was 2 inches and hopefully if all goes well he will not have to take my ovary but may have to if it is too hard to get out.  I went off the pill in march 2009 and havent had a normal period yet except for one that was chemically induced by progesterone( after the ten day progestrone challenge). my docter says that i have secondary amnoreia which happens sometimes after going off the pill. But, could I maybe not be ovulating because of the dermoid? I am hoping that after the surgery and having another month for my hormones to get back on track that I will start ovulating on my own again, fingers crossed! But, otherwise my doc said he would start me on clomid. I am 27 years old and really thought that I would have no fertility problems and would just go off the pill and get pregnant. But, now I am realizing that will not be the case for me. But, if all goes well, how long would i have to wait to even start trying after surgery and for everything to be healed?
I really think you should wait 3 months and have this verified by your doctor.  It took a few months for my periods to get normal after my surgery plus you want to be well healed.  Good luck!