Ovarian Cysts Community
endometrioma removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

endometrioma removal

Hi folks;
I was told yesterday by my gynaecologist that I need to have my 7cm ovarian endometrioma removed in an open procedure. I didn't really question it at the time but the more I look online the more it sounds like it's possible to remove it laparoscopically. Does anybody have any experiences or advice on what I should do? How long does the recovery for both take? Has anybody had this surgery and had babies afterwards?
Thanks;
Emma.
Hi--One of the factors that goes into the decision-making process is the size of the cyst.  What I have read is that anything over approx. 5 cm they usually do open surgery.  I had a dermoid removed about 25 years ago and it was open---recovery was about 4-6 wks. to get back to normal.  I had a gallbladder removed laproscopically 3 months ago and was amazed at how quickly I felt back to normal.  Back to work in 6 days.

I go to gyno today--another cyst with a solid component.  Will find out what she wants to do with it.............

Hope this helps...