Ovarian Cysts Community
growing complex cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

growing complex cyst

6 wks ago went to ER for kiney stone. CT scan showed left adnexal mass (3.7 cm) and suspicious nodule on liver and a 7 mm calcium deposit? (later determined by urologist that it's not a stone) in or on base of bladder.

2 wks later another CT, TVU, abdominal US showed only a 4.5 cm neoplasm (benign or malignant) left adnexal mass related to ovary. I had a hysterectomy 8 yrs ago and only left piece of left ovary for the hormone benefit. Had right oophorectomy 8 yrs prior to that, due to ruptured/benign cyst.

Last week, gyno ordered another TVU & found complex cyst had grown to 6.6 cm & ordered ca-125 test which is 25 (normal range). I have surgery scheduled in 3 wks to remove cyst & left ovary. The thought of ovarian cancer keeps looming over me. I know the actual surgery will tell me more. But I don't know if to see a gyno-oncologist now; or just wait & see. I know my condition is probably benign, but I'd like opinions & suggestions?  

Does this info point to malignant or benign? I am 48 yrs old and have not been told by gyno what type of cyst he thinks it is. He just said let's get it out & I agreed.