growing ovarian cyst
4.4cm cyst on left ovary could this be cancerous and could this cause my enlarged spleen? This cyst was 2.2cm back in jan2011 and has grow to 4.4cm by march 2011. i had an ablastion done last year and i dont have a menstral cycle anymore. so what could cause this to grow?  Could this be cancerous? Sex is very painful. actually i dont even have to have sex to feel the pain being aroused or have an orgazism is very painful and makes me kinda nauseas. What could be going on? i many many other smaller cyst too. my grandma had ovarian cancer when she was just 52 or so and died when she was 58 cause if wasnt found early enough.
Anyone have any kind of answers? shed some light please?????????  HELP!!!!!!!!!
What has your doctor told you? Is s/he just watching it for now, checking the size every few months? It's getting large enough the doctor may mention surgery to remove it. Generally that comes up when a cyst reaches 5 cm or more. Considering your family history (which I assume the doctor knows) I'd think they'd be a bit more aggressive in the treatment.

Any cyst can be cancerous but the majority of them are NOT. Do you have another appt. in a couple of months? Pin down the doctor with some pointed questions. Yes, the cyst will cause symptoms and pain. I have no idea why your spleen is enlarged. Surely the doctor must be treating that some how.
Well yes i have an appt with my ob on thurs. I have been putting off talking to him cause it just feels weird to tell him i have having alot of pain before during and after i have an orgazism. But the er came acrossed my cyst due to other problems i was having. (like my enlarged spleen and the pain from that). I dont know what kind of questions to ask my doctor about the cyst and i dont even know what kind of cysts they are. And for the spleen My family doctor has refered me to a rhumatalogist on the 19th. And i will hopefully get some kind of info on whats going on with me. oh and i meant i had a cyst that was 2.2cm in jan of 2010 and now march 2011 it has grown to 4.4cm and i was always told cyst usually go away by three months. i dont know???????