Ovarian Cysts Community
help me understand

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

help me understand

I have lower back stabbing pain in my right side above my hip and in my thigh I was told I have two 3 cm cyst on my right ovarie this pain is crippling I cry it hurts so bad is this common for cysts?
Pain is common with cysts.  Have they started you on birth control to see if they will shrink or scheduled a surgery?
Thank You for responding. I see the OBGYN 9-3-13 I hope I will be pain free soon. The cysts are big and the pain is intense I can hardly walk the pain is all in my right lower back and across the hip even in my upper thigh its horrible. I pray I get relief.
I hope you get relief, too!  Cysts causing this pain surely warrant surgery or some quick actions toward providing relief.  If it gets worse, remember you can go to the ER.
I'm back in the ER trying to get some relief I had a ultrasound down and now I'm waiting. the pain is so bad I cant walk everything hurts :( lets see what happens now.
Best of luck!  Let me know how things go when you are out!
Update: I had a vaginal ultrasound in the ER and found out I have fibroids this is new to me. The fibroids are in the muscle tissue. Treatment is steroids and birth control pills I still see my doctor Tuesday. I slept most of my day and tomorrow I'm taking it easy
update:
I've been seeing my doctor and come to find out i have so much more going on as well. my care plan is in place I may just have a hystorectomy but because of all thats going on now my bladder is in a mess too ugh.. this too shall pass
Hi!  I just had both ovaries removed 3 days ago and my left ovary was enlarged with a cyst on it.  I have been dealing with much pain in my lower back, hip and thigh also but thought it was in my spine.  I've had MRI's and all kinds of tests on my back, and they found the cyst during one of the MRI's.  All this time I thought it was back problems, but since the surgery I have had NO PAIN in my back, hip and leg!!  I was ready to have back surgery with a 3 month recovery time, and now I don't feel I need it anymore!!  I hope this helps with your decision!