Ovarian Cysts Community
hemmorhagic cyst and pid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

hemmorhagic cyst and pid

After having extreme abdominal pain, continued negative test and being called hyperchonriac, Finally a diagnosis. I went to th ER with extreme abdominal pain, were they performed a sonogram and staterd I had a 4.6 cm Hemmorhagic cyst. I scheduled a appointment with the obgyn. My Dr. stated that the best way to see whats going is to perform  a laposcopy diagnosis. Finally an answer resulting in PID and a hemorhagic cyst on right ovary. My Dr, whom is suppose to be good, did nothing with the scar tissue and cyst that was found,He stating that I would have to live a heathier life style and begin treating me with antibotics and that i would be taking antibitics for next couple of months. does that sound right to anyone whom experienced HC.or PID Treatment
This is a web site I found for another poster on this forum.  I hope it helps some.

http://www.rnhinfo.com/Gynaec%20Links/Ovarian%20cysts.htm

I am not very familiar with PID, but something definitely sounds off here.  Unfortunately, having a better life style does not keep you from getting cysts.  So are you saying that your doctor knew that you had a cyst and didn't tell you?  If that is the case, I would be calling and giving him a piece of my mind!!  Who is the doctor that recommended the surgery?  Usually doctors are starting to think about surgery for cysts that are 5cm or larger or causing a great deal of pain.  You certainly fall in the latter category.  i would recommend seeing a gynecologist and if you did and he was the one who told you to live with it, find a new one.  2nd opinions are always good.  Good luck and please let us know how you are doing.
Thank you for replying, the Dr.-OBGYN knew that I had a cyst from the sonogram that was performed during my emergency room visit. I believe he wanted to do the the laproscopy to see what was going on down there. I discussed with him before hand about draining the cyst and removing scar tissue if he found any; in which he replied wouldn't be a problem. After the Surgery he showed me pictures of all my internal reproductive organs. there was  slight scar tissue, the cyst and a really bad infection. My Doctor stated that he didn't want to drain the cyst or touch the scar tissue. he  wanted to treat me different Antibiotics, and that I would be taking them for months. After a month of Antibiotics I'm wondering if this is the best treatment. Im glad he didnt unnecessarily remove anything just curious and wanted to hear from others who may have experience something similar