hope
Hi ladies,

In 2009 I was were alot of you are or have been. Long story short at 21 I was having life saving surgery for a 1stone tumor which contained micro cancer. I ruptured before surgery so unfortunately lost my left ovary and fallopian tube. I have what looks like a C- section scar. Last year I needed further surgery on my remaining ovary as it had gained cysts. Through a three port laparoscopy the cysts were removed leaving me with with 5mm ovary which on quarterly internal exams has shown its well. I apparently do not ovulate well but I am pregnant for the third time failing 2 miscarriages.
Had my dr believed me that I didn't feel this tumor was just constipation I could well still have 2 ovaries. Please do pester your gp if you feel you concerned about ovarian cancer or cysts as it is looked over particularly in young woman. I am a healthy and have a well functioning ovary despite the trauma the weight of the tumour caused my organs. Once detected it is so easily treated/ managed and you will receive plenty of support. I am UK based and was given a McMillan nurse. Please don't feel isolated. It is very common and there is loads of support along the way. Just make sure you push your Dr I'd you feel something isnt right. Take care