Ovarian Cysts Community
how much time off work?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how much time off work?

Hi, I am in my 50´s and am due for surgery on the 21rst, having second ovary removed. Just wondering how much work everyone has missed, I am planning on 2 weeks, any less? any more?
thanks, it has been 10 years since my last ovary was removed and I wasn´t working.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think a lot will depend on you. How you feel, how you are healing, when your doctor releases you.

Just don't rush it. Take your time healing. I had an ovary removed, but I also had other issues, so I was out 10 weeks. ( I had a laparotomy).

Take care of yourself, take it easy, do not rush it or over do it.
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
Are you having a laporascopic surgery or a laporatomy?  With a laporascopic surgery you are usually off work 2 weeks but still avoid lifting and twisting for another month or so.  When I had my laporatomy I felt pretty good at 4 weeks but still very exhausted.  I would say 6 - 8 weeks depending on how you feel and what your doctor says.
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
Depends on the type of work you do. I had my left ovary, tube and a 10 cm cyst removed via laparascope. I went back to work after a week but couldn't do any heavy lifting (I work with wildlife). But I was doing exams, meds, paperwork, etc. So much depends on how you feel. After the surgery the doctor/hospital should give you post-surgical instructions on how to deal with the incisions, what you can and cannot do. That's the best guideline.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cysts Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank