Ovarian Cysts Community
how serious is my dermoid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

how serious is my dermoid

Hi everyone, I'm a 30 yr old mom of 3 and have just discovered I have a large dermoid cyst on my right ovary. It measure 10x9.5cm!! I've suffered ovulation pain for a few years now and also very bad menstrual pain but my cycle is regular and not painful. I noticed a mass in my pelvis which actually moves when proded so I went to my gp who instantly though it was a cyst and ordered an emergany CT scan (I had a US a few weeks before as the gp said my uterus was bulky but the US picked nothimg up). The CT scan has detected this cyst and the radiology report came back saying the cyst comprised of fat, fluid and calcification. It mentioned nothing of them thinking the cyst could indeed be ovca. My gp alsk said the cyst looks completely unsespicious and I have a GYN appointment in 2wks. However when I've researched it I've seen a lot of stuff saying dermoids can be cancerous especially when large. Also I'm concerned as to why the cyst was not picked up during pregnancy, despit having 6 US scans and a c-section, and was nkt picked up on the post pregnancy US, I should probably mention my baby is now only 20wks. Also whag symptoms do you all have? I'm in constant discomfort and my hair is thinning quite quickly. I just generally feel low and worried :-( Thanks xxx
Sorry that should have said my period is not heavy...it is however very painful