Ovarian Cysts Community
if I get my period does that mean my cyst is going away?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I have PCOS and endometriosis.  I had an ultrasound Thurs which showed I have a grapefruit sized cyst on my left ovary.  I've been having pain for weeks and haven't gotten my period in almost 2 months.  I was under the impression that the reason I didn't get it was that the cyst is producing hormones and mixing everything up and keeping me from getting it. I've had PCOS for years, and have actually been quite regular the past year, so this long cycle was unusual for me.  They wanted to remove the cyst with a lap, but I asked if we could do the "wait and see" method, so I go back this Fri to see if it shrunk.  If it's the same size or bigger, they're going to remove it.  I'm just curious, since my period FINALLY showed up today, if that means the cyst is going away?  Anyone know?
Sorry but I don't believe it means that.  I had my periods all the time with my cyst.  It is something that really varies.  Please let us know how it goes on Friday.
I have a cyst on my ovary and didn't have a period for 7 months and then got it and still have the complex cyst.