Ovarian Cysts Community
in need of advise on fallopian tube cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I am hoping to get some much needed advise from writing in this forum.  I hope that it is okay that my question does not directly relate to ovarian cancer.  I am eighteen and was recently diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Disease with severe insulin resistance.  In early December of 2003 I had a diagnostic laparoscopy done.  The doctor found a golf ball sized cyst twisted around by left fallopian tube.  She was able to remove it without damaging the tube.  I was so relieved after surgery because the pain was gone.  Now two months later I am experiencing the same type of symptoms that I had before the surgery.  I get attacks that involve terrible cramping in my lower abdomen and it is accompanied by nausea.  The pain is so bad that I double over with pain.  Is it possible that the cyst is back?  Do they usually come back so quickly?  IF so is there anything that can be done to try to prevent them from coming back?  Any advise would be greatly appreciated because I am getting nervous that it is something worse.  Thank you in advance.
-1 Comments Post a Comment
Hi, so you were Diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?  I have recently been diagnosed with that too, and just had surgery two days ago.  At first I was told that the cyst was on my ovary but eventually they found out that it was on my fallopian tube.  So, they had to take out my left ovary and the left side of my fallopian tube.  I have a history of ovarian cysts and am pretty familiar with them.  It is possible that your cyst is back, every month all women get cyst, but most of them go away.  Being that you have PCOS, your hormones and body are different than a healthy women.  I believe that it's possible for the cyst to come back quickly.  There is nothing you can do about ovarian cyst, they can not be prevented.  I would advise you go see the doctor before things get worse.  Good Luck!
when you answer a post   look at the date it was posted   this one is over 4 years ago  
Thank you for that information, I too am having the same problem, diagnosis with PCOS for years, pain on left side. I was told I had a cyst the size of a golf ball on left ovary, inside they found cyst on tube. Removed left ovary (still don't know why, cyst was on tube not ovary), removed part of tube, but pain is bad. Since no ovary on left side, would never image the pain or a cyst to return.

hi! I m 24 and I am diagnosed with hydrosalpinx both sides of my fallopian tube but they said it was not a cancer. Can you please tell me if I get married will I be able to get pregnant. I am a virgin never had sex and not even invlove in sexual activties. can you also please tell me what could have caused this? I have colostomy.
I am 22 I have two kids 6 and 4 and about 6 months after having my 4 yr old i started getting morning sickness really really bad (pretty much pregnancy feelings) but i wasnt pregnant i went to my obgyn and he ran test after test but i notice odd things that would come and go like my eyes would hurt for a month or so then go away or i would be extremely weak some days and not others and i wanted to sleep lots! and adominal (abdominal) pain and then my periods would come but not on track and extreme weight gain and hair loss oh and bowel movements bad (is that caused from pcos). After 3 yrs later and going to a diabetic doctor he told me i had pcos i went to my obgyn to get a ultrasound the doc there didnt believe it and didnt want to do one but when he did he found a bunch of cyst on my overaie and one on the other one which he said might have been big bc i was going to have a period in two weeks? Lately i have been having pain in adomonal area and morning sick ness is extreme and weight gain! I want to have another kid but i want to wait bc i have gone from 145 to almost 200 lbs? If i take a oral contraceptive can i stop anytime and will i be able to get pregnant after? i want one more kid and i dont if i should just try now or wait? my aunt had to have everything removed bc her cyst where precancerous. i have been ill for 4yrs and its wearing me out please help! and i have tried metiformin and birthcontrol no good? remember one ovarie has cyst going in circles around all over and one just has a big one? my doc was kind of a *** so he would say what size or if he was worried or did any test? Oh and can i have the doc cut them out or something will they come back?
I did have a cyst in one fallopian tube.  I had it removed by a specialist and surgeon so that my tube was repaired during the surgery so that my fertility would be maintained.

I have 2 open and perfect tubes.  With any surgery please know it's your body and you're the boss so you can opt to do what you want to do.  Good luck
I am 34 and I have had my tubes tied since Sept 06.  Well, in August 09 I began having complications, and subsequently found out I had fibroids.  I had surgery that month and since then, things are normal.  My surgery consisted of laser removal of fibroids from my uterus and tubes,everything  else was left in place. Currently, I am two weeks late. My question is( and I know this is not the place for medical advice, only common scenarios), is it possible that there could have been tubal damage, due to the laser, and now an egg has fertilized? My friend has been normal up to this point.  Help!  
I was having the same types of pain when I was 15 years old. I went in for surgery to have a large ovarian cyst removed. Afterwards I found out that my cyst was actually on my fallopian tube and was holding 3 Liters of liquid. A few months later I was having the same pains again and found out soon after that another cyst had grown and was about half the size of the first one. I'm now 18 years old and making an appointment to remove the second one because I am in immense pain. Birth control thankfully has slowed the growth of this second one. I have been quite lucky when it has came to my cysts. For me my doctor said that the cysts were caused because of my hormones were imbalanced thus the reason why i was put on birth control.