Ovarian Cysts Community
laparotomy for dermoid cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

laparotomy for dermoid cyst

Hi, I am 24 yrs old and have a question regarding laparotomy. I was diagnosed with a cyst of 16 inches and doctor advised me laparotomy. I had this surgery on 28 th april but I still have some problems with the sugery I went through. After biopsy it was concluded that cyst was benign and a dermoid cyst.

1) I still get a bit of blood like 3-4 drops from where the stitches starts and at one point in middle of the scar and one at third point which is at the end of scar. So is this normal ? It is been almost 6 weeks now, should I give more time to this or is it something dr should see ?

2) My last period was 16 days before the surgery but it is almost now 2 months after my last period (which is 6 weeks after surgery) and I still didnt got the periods.  

Please help. Thanks
hi i am also 24 and had surgery for dermoid 18 march, i think you should get that incision cheaked out i had that same problem and it turned out i had an infection in the incision ,it is also normal for your peroid to be upset after surgery please let us know how you get on hope all turns out well x
Hi, Many thanx for your reply. I visited doctor and she advised me another round of anti biotics to make it dry.
My main concern is periods, just waiting for them to arrive. Drs removed my right ovary and fallopen tube so was worried about my pregnancy thats y waiting for them so that I should plan pregnancy sooner. I heard it pains alot on first period after surgery. Did you faced this as well ?
hi yes my peroid is coming every 3 weeks and a full 7 day bleed i have one at  the moment ,i always had painfull peroids but this is worse was thinking of going to doctor tommorow to see if he will give me birth control pills to help the hormones are hell as well i am snapping at everyone as they say our bodies have to adjust to one ovary doing the work of two,i have no babys but the doc said pleanty woman had babys with one ovary x