Ovarian Cysts Community
large cystic mass in pelvis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

large cystic mass in pelvis

Hi, After two ultrasounds, one including transvaginal approach, the radiologist is still not sure whether a large cystic mass measuring 8.1 x 6.1 x 6.7 cm in the midline just superior to the urinary bladder is ovarian in nature.  They suggest a CT scan of abdomen and pelvis.  I am waiting for a referral to a gynecologist which will no doubt take months.  Meanwhile I am in a lot of pain and sometimes it is so bad I double over and involuntarily moan or cry out.  The walk-in doc suggests that I go to emergency next time I am in that much pain and they will likely remove it.  She says no pain medication will help.  I don't know what to do, I'm at the end of my rope.  Help, please.
If you are in so much pain, go to the ER.  Why does it take so long to get to a Gyn?  A cyst that large normally needs to come out.  I hope you get some relief soon,  waiting is the WORST!

Heidi
Thanks for your post.  I'm in Ontario, Canada and it takes months to get in to see a specialist in this area.  I will take your advice and go to the ER next time I get a severe pain attack.  Thanks for your help.