"leaking ovarian cyst"????
I have a cyst on my left ovary. Last week on ultrasound it showed it to be a complex cyst measuring approx 4 cm and leaking fluid. I was sent home with vicodan and a follow up ultrasound 10 weeks later.  I had increasing pain over the next few days and my PCP recommended I go to the ER. I had my right ovary removed at a young age, also a previous surgery to my left ovary to remove a cyst when I was a teenager and don't remember the details, so in fear of torsion (twisting) of my only remaining ovary (I have yet to have children but still want to) I went into the ER and after 8 hours and an ultrasound later, I was informed of the cyst being now simple and 3.8cm in size with no torsion and was sent home with stronger pain pills (dilaudid). Prior to finding the cyst I was having a prolonged period lasting > 2 weeks which is why I went to the dr. in the first place. My "period" stopped for several days and now it is back .. but different.. it is at times dark red blood and other times chocolatey colored with clots and just not normal. The pain has been so severe and constant that I have now missed 3 weeks of work (I am a nurse). I am wondering, is this ok to be leaking into my insides even if it is blood? Is the blood thats leaking out somehow presenting itself as a period or am I crazy for thinking this blood leaking out of my ovary would even go to the same place? Is this something that will stop or subside soon because i'm really tired of the pain. I am 33 and have never been on birthcontrol but am considering starting to decrease cyst formation... am I too old for the pill? I quit smoking cigarettes and am tired of the pain but also don't want to have a stroke.. i am otherwise very healthy and active...
wow..i have been doing the exact same thing for almost a month now!!  Im kinda wondering if my cyst/tumor is breaking down,,,fluid in the middle and solid around it..mostly solid tho...did they tell you befor what yours looked like on the transvaginal? (before it became simple)