Ovarian Cysts Community
living without ovaries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

living without ovaries

i've just had  surgery on monday for adhesions and also had ovariers removed due to cysts which i suffer from since i was 17 years old i'm now 38 years old and worried what my life holds for me now i have read so much information about what health risks i can have  now i just feel my life is already over now, and aslo how long is it before you feel well enough to go back to work as they are already on my back about this
M so sorry to hear that..n just relax ur life isnt over...enjoy it yo the fullest n dont think abt wat u read,,wats in fate it happens no matter wat u do..everything happens for good ..having them removed is better than the pain u had before..thank God for all that u r blessed with..i have seen 2 months old infants being put on blood transfusion 3 times a month for life time..enjoy ur life n dont get depressed...regards..
Trust me, your life is far from over.  Having your ovaries out is really hard, but there are hormone replacements that you can go on (I recommend bio-identicals) that help with menopausal symptoms.  I too have been thrown into surgical menopause (only for a few months because I have Ovarian Remnant Syndrome) and my doctor had the hormone patch on me before I even came too in recovery.  I know that most women have problems with vaginal dryness (thats what they make KY for ;-) and no sex drive, but I have to tell you that I had a bigger sex drive because I wasn't in pain all the time.  What type of surgery did you have?  Usually it takes 2-6 weeks for one to heal from a laprascopic surgery and 6-8 weeks for a laparotomy.  You may want to give your gynecologist a call and see what he has to say.  Keep in mind that you are only 4 days out of surgery.  It is normal to feel a bit down afterwards.  I hope you get some answers soon and your days start to look brighter.  We are here anytime you need us.