lump on my right ovary
im 21 yrs old and i have a small lump the size of a marble on the right side of my ovary it doesnt hurt only when u mash it..im worryed because cancer runs in my family i dont know what it might be and i feel that im too young for it to be ovarian cancer and it just came up today..If it is a cyst will it have an effect on gettin pregnant again. i have a son that 2 but i worry that i wont be able to have anymore...my husband is worried sick what might it be?
Do you actually feel the lump through your skin?  Did you have a C-section with your son?  If you are very thin it is possible to feel an ovarian cyst through the skin, but usually they don't show up this way since they are buried deep inside. Other things can cause a lump...like scar tissue if you ever have had a C-section or abdominal surgery or a benign tumor like a lipoma which is in the fat layer.  Either way, you should always call your doctor right away when you find a lump and get it checked.  Most cysts don't prevent pregnancy unless they are complex or large.   Try not to worry but do call your doctor so you can find out what is causing the lump!  Best wishes!  :)