mass where my ovary used to be...
I had my right ovary removed a little over a month ago due to chronic cysts. Ever since then I have had severe pain. They did ultra sounds and x-rays and found nothing. They said I will just have chronic pain for no reason. Well today I went to the hospital because the pain got so bad I could not stand it. They did a cat scan and seen that I have a mass where my ovary used to be. I am so worried. They wouldn't really tell me anything except to see my ob/gyn asap. It is Friday night so I have to wait until Monday to schedule an appointment. So if anyone has any ideas of what this could possibly be, I would really appreciate the input. Thanks!!
If the original condition was not a cancer, then you are  not likely to have a cancer now.  Not that it could not happen, but that would be rare.

There have been cases when the removal of a cyst or ovary was not complete, tissues remained, and then continued to grow.   It is also possible that you have scar tissues and adhesions that formed at the site of the surgery.  And I know of one woman who had her "tubes tied" after adding the last child to her family, and there was some involvement with her intestines in the procedure.  She had to endure another surgery to correct the damage to her intestines.  

When you contact your gyn office on Monday, remember to emphasize that you went to the ER and they told you to see your doctor ASAP.  Letting them know that you are 'under orders' from the ER staff should get you an appointment fast.  

Best wishes.
Hi, I just had the same thing happen to me. I have been in pain since Sunday night. I had my hysterectomy last april due to endometriosis and many cysts. I went in today again for the pain in my left side and had a ct scan done and the radiologist told my dr is was an ovarian cyst. What? i dont have those things any more....so very worried as my dr is baffeled as to what it is. Please any help would be great!!

Stephanie
Hi, I just had the same thing happen to me. I have been in pain since Sunday night. I had my hysterectomyHysterectomy - series
Hysterectomylast april due to endometriosis and many cysts. I went in today again for the pain in my left side and had a ct scan done and the radiologist told my dr is was an ovarian cysts, What? i dont have those things any more.lol...so very worried as my dr is baffeled as to what it is. Please any help would be great!!

Stephanie ..