misdiagnosed cyst??
I guess it has been about a year ago I went into my PCP for sever lower left quadrant pain.  I had a ct and it was determined that I had cysts one of which had ruptured and that was the cause for the pain.  My PCP called me with my results at 8pm that night so I was a little concerned but when I called to make an appointment with the Gyno I was referred to there was no sense of urgency to get me in at all.  After a few days wait I went to my appointment and felt I was complete blown off. Was told that it was normal for a woman of my age to have cyst and that I shouldn't worry because my chance for cancer barley existed.  I had been so worried I just started crying and asked why my pain was so bad and this is when I realized she had never even looked at my CT results.  After she looked she said it was a complex cyst and that they would need to do a US.  I think I had 3 total 2 (5cm & 3cm) on my right 1 on the left.  When I returned in 6 weeks for a follow up US they said one was gone and the other had shrunk 2cm.  A year later I still notice tenderness at times around my left side and this week it has gotten so bad that I can't touch the area without pain.  I have also been having pain in my left leg that had gotten worse since the pain in my pelvis has gotten worse.  Can something have been missed?  Worst of all I don't even know where to turn or who I can trust.  I like my PCP but I know she will send me back to the same Gyno and I just don't know if I feel ok about that. I was in enough pain last night that I couldn't sleep.  I can't keep this up.  I have read about cyst/tumors pressing on the nerves to the legs and causing sever leg pain has anyone ever experienced this??
If I were you, I would just go to a different GYN.  Just because your PCP recommends a particular one doesn't mean you HAVE to go to him/her. Ask your friends for recommendations.  That's how I found my current GYN (who I absolutely love).  If you're concerned, I would definitely make an appt with a new GYN to put your mind at ease. Don't stick with a GYN you don't like.  There's no need to.  

Best of luck to you.
I agree with Bethesda.  A similar thing happened to me and my PCP told me to go for a 2nd opinion.  It was the best thing I could have done.  The new gyn was awesome, listened and I am now recovering from the exploratory laparotomy he performed on me on Dec. 20th!