missed period, pain in right side
Ok, I am twenty five years old and trying to conceive. A couple years ago I had pain in my right side and a missed period after going off of birth control, my doctor thought it was a cyst and did an ultrasound. There was nothing there but we decided I should go back on birth control since I was not actively trying to conceive at the time. On February 2nd we decided to start actively trying so I stopped my birth control and now the pain came right back and I have not had a period. I am also having nausea and sore breasts but all of the home pregnancy tests are negative. I don't know what to do and also do not want to be put back on birth control because it did not help the situation and I want to get pregnant. Before starting birth control i had always had normal periods. Please help.
HI,
Return of normal periods can be delayed after stopping pills, because of the effect of the exogenous hormones. However the cause of pain needs to be determined. This can be pelvic infection; endometriosis etc. An examination by a gynaecologist will help make the diagnosis. In the meantime you can take painkillers or anti-inflammatory agents for the pain.
Hope this helps.