my surgery delayed
I was scheduled to have surgery in two days but today, the subject of birth control came up and the dr. asked if I had stopped it.  No one told me to stop but he said I have to as I have an endometrioma 6 mm. and it has to come out.  Now I have to wait six weeks  and , when I got home, I got a call that he wanted an mri on Monday plus he ordered the Ca 125 blood redone.  It was negative.  Does all this sound correct?  I'm going to a top Boston hospital.  Thank you.  I'm sooo nervous.
HI,
A 6 cm endometrioma will certainly require removal. However MRI and CA125 are done to confirm the nature of the cyst and to rule out presence of cancer. You can discuss this with your Doctor.
Hope this helps.
You have written 6mm is it actually 6cm that is a huge difference.

There should be no reason as to why you would have had to come off the BCP  because you were having surgery.

CA-125 being negative is good however it is used to test for so many various inflammatory disorders including cancer and is not a great diagnostic tool.

I would see another surgeon because there is no reason as to why he could not operate with you being on the pill. I have had two surgeries and I was on the pill both times continuously for Endometriosis