Ovarian Cysts Community
ovarian cyst and pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

ovarian cyst and pregnant

I am now 7 weeks pregnant but I have a ovarian cyst on my left ovary the doctors don't seem worried but I spoke to a nurse nd she said it can get bigger which means I may have to get a surgery and can have a miscarriage. I'm afraid of getting too excited about my first pregnancy. Any sugggestions or ways to decrease the cyst
There has been a few women here that have had cysts, and waited til it was safer for them and baby to remove the cyst ( I believe they were in second trimester). Hormones can cause cysts, etc, so maybe as you progress in your pregnancy they will go away and that is why your doctor wasnt concerned? Was this just a Family doctor or an OB/GYN? If it wasnt an OB, I'd see about getting in with one and asking them about it, it can help to have a second opinion, and an OB will be more experienced in dealing with cysts, etc