Ovarian Cysts Community
ovarian cyst aspiration

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

ovarian cyst aspiration

I am a 24 year old unmarried woman. I recently found out that  had a 20cm simple ovarian cyst on my left ovary. My doctor suggested aspiration as all my test results were ok. so i got it aspirated in two sittings. On first sitting the fluid was watery and transparent but in second sitting it was watery but pale yellowish. Doctors say that it was serous fluid and nothing to worry about. I never had any pain prior to and after aspiration and i feel perfectly fine. My cytology results were also good.My doctor says that she would give me some medicines to suppress the cyst walls left behind. I want to ask if this whole procedure is OK and will i be able to lead a normal life without any effects on fertility? secondly will the cyst walls pose any kind of problem in future? can they become cancerous or something like that?
No they don't "become" cancer.  They are either harboring cancer from the very beginning or not.  

Most doctors would remove a 20cm cyst rather than drain it.  There's some chance the cyst could fill up with fluid again.  A 20cm cyst would have some large walls left behind. I don't much agree with the doctor's approach, but I hope this turns out well for you anyway.

Cysts can damage ovaries, but not in all cases.  
where did you do your cyst aspiration? i have a 11cm cyst and need to get rid of it..
Well I'm not located in the US. You can ask your gyn if there is any aspiration option available in your case. Aspiration can get dangerous if the fluid in the cyst is mucinous. If you have a simple cyst then you can get it aspirated. Mine was filled with water. Best of luck!