Ovarian Cysts Expert Forum
ovarian cyst nodularity

Welcome to the Ovarian Cysts Forum. This is a place where you can ask your ovarian cyst questions and receive answers from highly trained physicians whose expertise is ovarian cysts. You will also find other members who share your interest in ovarian cysts.

ovarian cyst nodularity

i was sent for an transvaginal us, they found a cyst 9x8x7 thereis a nodularity in the wall of the cyst mass , so i was sent for a iv ct scan , thescan showed the same , please explain nodularity , they want to do a oophorectomy , iam 43 have very little pain , cyst has been there for 9 years it has been growing since pain has just started in lower back and groin , i am sick and very worried about ovarian cancer, really dont know if i should have surgery or deeal with little pain!!
I would highly recommend removal of this cyst given its size as it could rupture or twist and become an emergency.  In terms of the question of the what a nodule on a cyst means is that their is a solid area in a cyst.  A cyst is like a fluid filled balloon.  There is always a risk of cancer if the cyst has any solid components.  I would discuss this further with your gynecologist as there are many things that go into accessing risk of cancer.