ovarian cyst nodularity
i was sent for an transvaginal us, they found a cyst 9x8x7 thereis a nodularity in the wall of the cyst mass , so i was sent for a iv ct scan , thescan showed the same , please explain nodularity , they want to do a oophorectomy , iam 43 have very little pain , cyst has been there for 9 years it has been growing since pain has just started in lower back and groin , i am sick and very worried about ovarian cancer, really dont know if i should have surgery or deeal with little pain!!
I would highly recommend removal of this cyst given its size as it could rupture or twist and become an emergency.  In terms of the question of the what a nodule on a cyst means is that their is a solid area in a cyst.  A cyst is like a fluid filled balloon.  There is always a risk of cancer if the cyst has any solid components.  I would discuss this further with your gynecologist as there are many things that go into accessing risk of cancer.