ovarian cyst surgery recovery time
I had a 7 cm fluid filled cyst removed from my left ovary and also some smaller ones from the right side 9 days ago with laprascopic surgery. The cyst was very complex the dr. said and causing me lots of discomfort in the way of pain and also fatigue and just a general crappy feeling! So I went with the recommendation for surgery and was told that I should start feeling much better by 4 days after surgery. Well it's 9 days now and I still feel much worse then I did prior to the surgery. Is this normal? I kind of had the impression I would feel some pretty quick relief from having that nasty cyst gone but really I feel a lot worse and get tired so fast I can barely do anything. I thought and was told that by now I'd be all set to do my job as a waitress but I'm due to start work again tomorrow night and feel like lifting a tray is going to be almost impossible for me :/ I guess I'm just wanting to make sure this is normal to still feel worse then before surgery when I had the cyst. I understand I just had surgery and it could take time but I was kind of given the impression I would feel better and I dont so I just want to make I shouldn't be worried or call my dr.
thank you :)
It usually takes 1-2 weeks depending on what was done. It depends also on the surgeon if he was rough or gentle etc. I would give it at least another week or so and go from there.

Is it the pain that is hurting or is it like hormones? If its being tired you have to understand your ovary after surgery sometimes falls asleep and takes a bit to wake up so it could be what is causing the the fatigue. Try to rest as much as possible as much as you don't want to. I would not rush to start back to work if you are feeling like this and you said you had to lift something. The inside needs time to heal as well and at times even with women who feel better a week later will carry on right away and that that should not be done.

In my opinion he might have said the pain with the gas, incisions, tenderness etc will feel better about 4 days later but that is not the case.